Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog 6: Personal Directions for The CATW

1. The day of the catw exam I will be sure to follow the steps that were given to me. For example in the summary I wil be sure to state a specific thesis and put in all the necessary information. Such as the opening sentence,the title of the reading,and,the name of the author of the reading. In the body paragraphs I will be sure to state the specific reason from the text and also the supporting details. Followed by an example for each reason. I should have a total of 4 paragraphs. The intro,2 body paragraphs,and a conclusion.

2.These are things in the test I have to look out for. A. spelling - I have to double check my essay to make sure my spelling is correct.B. Which words - Words that are long or unfamiliar to me.C. Grammar - I will have to make sure that every word is used properly and that I dont make any grammar errors.D. What mistakes - With grammar I tend to place words in the wrong spot or leave blanks were words should be.E. Problems with development - I tend to lose creativity and give generel examples. I also sometimes lack supporting details.F. Timing yourself - I cannot rush to finish the essay.G. Test anxiety - I know the day of the test I am going to be nervous, before and during the test.

3. Ways I plan to help myself with these problems A. spelling - I will bring a dictionary with me to make sure I spell every word correctly.B. Grammar - I will read over the essay a couple of times to make sure my grammar is correct.C. Problems with development - I will follow all the information giving to me such as down shifting and I will also do creative writing before the exam to give me ideas. i will also underline details in the passage to write about.D. Timing yourself - I will organize and use my time effectively. I will take time to revew and develope ideas.E. Test anxiety - I will eat before the test to give me energy and I will also study for the exam so that I can enter the exam confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment